Friday 22 April 2011

In for a penny...

Why a blog? And why a blog about modelmaking?.. It's not like I don't have about a gazillion other things to do in my life,

I'm sole-proprietor of a small web/software design company, but that sounds awfully grand! Basically the 'company' is me and a PC and my mobile, and my wits!

I try to keep fit at the gym, but I'm a long-time smoker so I really dunno if I'm winning that game or not!

My modelmaking is a break from working for a crust and working up a sweat, when I get the time for it!

Which leads me to my opening description for this blog, if I don't commit to making some progress with some of the plastic and resin and brass and god-knows what else is on my workbench, the stash (a collective term for far too many plastic kits 'stash'ed away in closets and attics) will outlast me by several hundreds of years!..

So, a blog, to give me the impetus to do shit at my workbench and actually finish a project, laying it out here for people to comment on...

Along the way I'll say what I think about new kits, aftermarket, the modelling media and the state of the hobby in general, some of it may not be pretty but if you don't like what I'm saying then you can always go read someone elses blog!

Best I get off the damned PC now and make a start!

No comments:

Post a Comment